WHY PLASTIC? Short Films
A new, strong partnership between the Danish THE WHY Foundation and OFF – Odense International Film Festival focuses on the global, worldwide plastic problems with a call for a special competition for OFF21.
OFF and THE WHY invite filmmakers from all over the world to give their take and perspective on the issues – how big are they, what can be done, what is already being done and everything else, one might have in mind.
The new WHY PLASTIC? Short Films competition will have 10 selected films, which will be screened at OFF21 where the winner will be announced along with the other winners at OFF.
- Max length: 2 minutes
- Submission deadline: 1st of June 2021
- Completion date: 2020 or 2021
- Films in this competition must focus on the topic of plastic within the following themes:
- PLASTIC SOLUTION
- PLASTIC IN NUMBERS
- PLASTIC IS EVERYWHERE
- THE HISTORY OF PLASTIC
- THE SIZE OF PLASTIC
- PEOPLE AND PLASTIC
- Free submission through FilmFreeway
- Prizes: 1st prize: Prize of €2500, 2nd prize: Prize of €1250, 3rd prize: Prize of €500
- The films are to be part of the global impact campaign “WHY PLASTIC?”, starting in October 2021. More information about this campaign HERE.
- Read more about the rules and terms about submission HERE.
THE WHY Foundation is a charitable organization that supports sustainable development by securing free access to reliable information for millions of people around the world. We produce and distribute documentaries & multimedia content about human rights, democracy, justice and equality.
Read more about THE WHY Foundation on www.thewhy.dk